Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Super Bowl XLI



Bears vs. Colts

Well I have weighed the factors and the official PKA stance is we want the Colts to win. In fact as I thought about it there wasn't one good reason that I could come up with why I would be chearing for the Bears. Here is my rational in descending order....

6. I don't like the other teams in my division and I won't root for them in the playoffs. They are sworn enemies for the first 16 weeks and I don't see why that should change unless I hate the other team more.
5. Darrel Reid - former Gopher
4. Ben Utech - former Gopher
3. Peyton Manning - this guys has had monkeys thrown on his back that he's had to carry for years. I would be happy for Peyton if he were to validate his stance as one of the greatest QBs to ever play in the NFL. Plus he's from Louisiana and did you see how that city was destroyed by George Bush's hurricane?
2. Tony Dungy - former Gopher, former Viking coach, the guy we should have canned Denny Green for and more importantly the guy who's son committed suicide in the middle of what was supposed to be his greatest season as a head coach. Things didn't work out very well for him last year on a number of fronts but I would like to see him get a ring.

and the #1 reason I do not want the Bears to win on Sunday?...

1. their Championship Statute of Limitations had just run out. A friend of mine (and enemy of the PKA :) ) and I have a rule that after 20 years you lose the "when was the last time your team won a Championship" right in arguments. He had the Bears and Bulls and I of course cling tightly to the Twins. The rule heavily favors me since last Feb when the Bears 85 Championship reached it's said statute. I don't want to have to bank on the Vikings winning a Super Bowl in the next 20 years cause we all know that just isn't in the cards (but maybe next year!).

Go horse shoes! If I get around to it this week I may offer a more detailed analysis but this is as good as it gets for now.

** UPDATE ** I should point out that I have several friends who are Bears fans and I would be happy for them should the Bears pull this one out, because nothing is more fun than your team winning it all. But I don't think my heart could take it.

No comments:

Kool Aid Drinkers